- 1Spain: An attractive country for investment
- 2Setting up a business in Spain
- 3 Tax System
- 4 Investment aid and incentives in Spain
- 5 Labor and social security regulations
- 6 Intellectual property law
- 7Legal framework and tax implications of e-commerce in Spain
- AI Annex I Company and Commercial Law
- AIIAnnex II The Spanish financial system
- AIIIAnnex IIIAccounting and audit issues
- Material modifications to working conditions
- Termination of employment contracts
- Senior management contracts
- Contracts with temporary employment agencies
- Worker representation and collective bargaining
- Non-employment relationships
- Acquisition of a Spanish business
- Practical aspects to be considered when setting up a company in Spain
- Relocation of workers under a cross-border working arrangement within the EU and the EEA ("IMPATRIATES")
- Visas and work and residence permits
- Social security system
- Equality in the workplace
- Occupational risk prevention
10. Practical aspects to be considered when setting up a company in Spain
In general, from a labor and social security standpoint, the following essential formalities must be performed in order to open a company or workplace in Spain.
|Registration of the company with the Spanish social security authorities (obtainment of a social security contribution account code)||Registration must take place prior to commencement of activities.
In general, companies register with the Social Security General Treasury by submitting the relevant official form2 and documentation identifying the company (deed of formation, document issued by the Ministry of Finance assigning the tax identification number and stating the economic activity of the company, powers of legal representation of the company, document of affiliation to the collaborator mutual insurance company, among others).
|Notification of hiring of employees||The hiring of employees must be notified for social security purposes once the company has been registered with the social security authorities and before the workers start work.
Notifications are generally made electronically, using the RED electronic document submission system.
|Notification of opening of workplace||The commencement of activities at the workplace must be notified to the labor authorities within 30 days of its opening using the official form provided for such purpose in each Autonomous Community. An occupational risk prevention plan must usually also be attached.|